Wednesday, 20 July 2011

The No-go List

There's mounting curiosity about what I can and can't eat, according to this new food-sensitivity plan, so here's a recap of the stuff I'm now avoiding:

Protein Sources
  • meat & fish, obviously
  • tofu
  • soy beans (thankfully soy sauce is okay!)
  • eggs
  • cow's milk
  • cheddar
  • mozzarella
  • cow's feta
  • macadamia nut
  • brazil nut
  • sunflower seeds / oil
Grains
  • kamut
  • corn (fresh / dried / flour / oil)
  • white short grain rice (brown, basmati, and jasmine all okay)
  • wheat, in all its evil forms
Fruit & Veg
  • oranges
  • peas
  • green and red peppers (and yellow for good measure)
  • winter squashes (butternut included *single tear*)
  • potatoes red & white
  • carrot
  • tomato (though I seem to get away with small amounts of throughly cooked ones)
  • eggplant
Kind of scary at first - so many 'basic' ingredients that I am now studiously avoiding. However, there are a few bad-habit foods that are just off the menu now - tortilla chips & salsa, for example. A lot of processed stuff that I've given into when I lack the time. It's amazing when you think about it how much of our food doesn't remotely resemble what it looks like when it's grown. I'm starting to think that this is just a great strategy for eating naturally.

Another post coming straight up - what the hell AM I eating?

h x


No comments:

Post a Comment